Courses, Credits, Term Dates
During your MBA Exchange you will take elective courses with second year MBA students. When you access the course catalog (link below), select: MBA, Electives, Academic year 2023-24 and the term Mod I, II (fall )or Mod III or IV (spring).
- Public Course Catalog: View Courses that are offered at Kenan-Flagler
- Concentrations/Electives Overview
Please note: Course registration for Fall will be on two days only: July 18 and 19 (7 am to 2 pm). This is only the first round and is first come first served for all elective courses. Second round will be during the first week of classes in each module.
Course registration for the spring will be in late November.
Each course counts has 1.5 credit hours – 1 UNC credit = 12.5 in class contact hours
- One module exchange: You must be enrolled in a minimum of 3 courses and 4.5 credits (60 contact hours) per module.
- Two modules exchange: You have to be registered for 6 classes and 9 UNC credits at minimum.
- Course load maximum: We can allow 6 courses per module if your home university requires this. Official request must be made. MBA students take 4 to 5 courses per module.
Term Dates | Academic Calendar:
Each of our modules is about 7 week long. There are also some weekend courses available during these modules which count as full electives.
- Module I:
August 21 to October 13 Orientation will be on August 18
Fall break October 14 – 22 no classes
- Module II:
October 23 to December 14 (exams included)
- Module III: Orientation will be on January 5
January 8 to March 1 (exams included)
Spring break March 2 – 17 no classes
- Module IV:
March 18 to May 3 (exams included)
The main academic calendar for the MBA program is also listed on the external website. Exchange students take elective classes with our second year MBA students. MBA core classes are not an option.